Alistair Overeem is currently in the midst of what he claims to be one final title run.
He has been fighting professionally for over 20 years, and recently extended his career by defeating Augusto Sakai via TKO.
In 2011, Overeem defeated Brock Lesnar via TKO in the first round. This would signal the decline of Lesnars career, who wouldn’t fight again for another 5 years, which would then be ruled a no contest for a failed drug test.
Recently, rumours have been circulating around Brocks return to the UFC. This is due to his contract negotiations with WWE temporarily breaking down, and expiring. This means Brocks next organisation is up for discussion.
After Overeems recent victory, Ariel Helwani from ESPN asked him about the recent rumours regarding Lesnars potential return and whether Overeem would be interested in a rematch with the former Heavyweight Champion.
“Brock does not deserve to be mentioned” replied Overeem, as he pondered his potential future match ups. “Okay? Jon (Jones) does, right? Because he is the goat. But Brock does not deserve to be mentioned”.
Overeem went on to explain how Brock is still facing issues with the commission, due to his issues around drug tests. And he is likely particularly not interested as he has already beaten Lesnar convincingly.
Overeem claimed his number one pick would be to rematch Rozenstruik, who TKOd Alistair with seconds left of their bout.
What’s next for Brock Lesnar is unclear, but one things certain. He won’t be fighting Alistair Overeem again anytime soon.
- Sean Strickland Claims He Would Take A Misdemeanour To Punch ‘Smug, Cocky Motherf*cker’ Luke Rockhold
- Dana White: Stipe Miocic Has Accepted A Fight Against Jon Jones
- Colby Covington Eyes Future Middleweight Move: “We’re Going To Beat Israel Adesanya”
- Dana White Unsure How A.J. McKee Would Perform In The UFC: “When His Contract Is Up He’ll Have To Call”
- Luke Rockhold Returns, Meets Sean Strickland At UFC 268 On Nov. 6
- Dustin Poirier Believes He’s ‘Done It All In MMA’ If He Can Win Title Against Charles Oliveira
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Islam Makhachev Slated For UFC 267 On Oct. 30 In Abu Dhabi
- Sean Strickland Claims He’d ‘Love’ To Kill Someone In The Ring: “It Would Make Me Super Happy”
- Brandon Moreno Explains How UFC Title Defence Against Cody Garbrandt Is A ‘Possibility’